Thursday 25 January 2018

Classic reads from Winti's Give & Take shack

I love, love, love the Give/Take hut behind Manor and often drop stuff off and come out with a little gem in return. There is something quite intriguing about this little hut. You never know what you are going to find and you always have an interesting little conversation with someone else dropping stuff off at the same time. It’s the loveliest way to do a little something for someone else without much effort and my things always disappear fairly quickly. I’m hoping to get one established in our village sometime soon. We have had a few refugee families moving in recently and I think it would help them along a little too.

Anyway, back to Winterthur’s fab Give/Take hut. Yesterday I dropped off an inflatable Hello Kitty bed and came out with a couple of books in English – The Fourth Hand by John Irving and Mrs Dalloway by Virginia Woolf. I have never read Woolf in my life and feel it is a gap in my reading experience that I need to fill so was chuffed to bits to see this sitting there.

And then – lo and behold – if Google pops up today with a Doodle celebrating the lady herself – and 136 years since she was born. Although she died in 1941 at the tender age of 59, she is still acknowledged as one of the greatest writers ever. How amazing is that?

I love reading as much as I love writing but life is so busy these days I struggle to squeeze it in. At best, I manage to creep away from the Gogglebox with hubbie in the evening and crawl into bed half an hour earlier to curl up with a good book. Again, one of my many new year’s resolutions is to read a little every day.

Happy reading!

1 comment:

  1. Will be interested to hear what you think of it! :)

    ReplyDelete