Monday 1 September 2014

Peppers and all things edible

We greatly enjoyed the pepper event at Winterthur Library on Saturday and it even encouraged Pops to taste peppers for the first time - and she loved them! It's a relief she heeded my warning about steering clear of the thin ones though! There were some very hot ones on offer, providing a great kick to a Saturday morning. My 15-year-old son has also been inspired to make elderberry jam this weekend with all those wonderful autumnal hedgerow fruits on offer - and it set! I am very jealous, my jam has been far too sloppy on the two occasions I've tried it (although his dad did suggest the addition of a grated apple might add the vital pectin needed, which he did do) We now have plums from a friend and I am hoping he follows up with some scrummy plum jam...



Our first harvest of the year, producing some very berry jam!

No comments:

Post a Comment