On Wednesday (May 23) the first National Reading Day takes place throughout Switzerland. This will be a day when many events will take place in communities small and large.
Winterthur’s libraries will also be taking part. There will be two special events taking place on the day at all seven libraries around the city:
- Between 2pm and 4pm, there will be a special games and stories session, with zvieri, for children aged between 5 and 9 years.
- Between 6pm and 7pm, the entire city council has made themselves available for reading aloud in the seven libraries to middle school and high school students.as follows:
- Stadtbibliothek - City councilor Yvonne Beutler
- Hegi - City Councilor Jürg Altwegg
- Oberwinterthur - Mayor Michael Künzle
- Seen - City Councilor Stefan Fritschi
- Töss - City Councilor Barbara Günthard-Maier
- Veltheim - Councilor Nicolas Galladé
- Wülflingen - Councilor Josef Lisibach
More details on the Stadtbibliothek website.
National Reading Day in Switzerland website.